“It’s not fair, you’re not even giving this city a chance.”
Someone said this to me recently, and I gave him a stern look.
Aside from how much I wanted to punch him in the face, how dare he judge based on so little he knew – let’s think about this logically for a second.
How can you say 17 years is not enough of a chance.
17 years, nearly two fucking decades spent somewhere – is that not enough time, not enough chance?
It was useless explaining why and how, but oh god, did I realize a lot of things afterwards, and it’s bad.
- I’m so sick of this city that there’s no point of me being here (and yes, I do realize this is like a repeat of how 2012 went)
- No amount of convincing me this place is more than it is will get me to stay
- I realize it’s not even 3 months since I’ve been back and…I’m done. So fucking done. Being here is like being in jail.
- I will most likely take that job offer in Europe in September (fingerscrossed)
- If I don’t, I’ll most likely go somewhere else, perhaps a different city.
There needs to be an infusion of new to restart my engine. Something I actually can relate to and feel excited about.