- Disconnect, take a step back: traveling to foreign destination alone is not only a thrilling experience but it gives you freedom to disconnect with grounding elements of routine existences that’s become the common script of most people. A change of scenery and physical disconnection from one’s immediate situation allows clarity. By taking a step back we allow ourselves to view our situation from a whole other perspective.
- Clarity, finding new perspectives: what I’ve found during my travel experiences is that the problems we face in our lives back home don’t disappear. Instead, they become less significant, for the present, because traveling solo without a concrete plan is more of living in the moment instead of worrying for the future and plans. Seeing what happens.
- Tolerance to spontaneity: possibly one of my favorite reasons of traveling, stepping out of your comfort zone and experiencing life in the moment and remembering and savouring every second of it! By submerging yourself in the experience of life you’ll no doubt comeback enriched with experiences and many great stories to tell.
- A chance to foster independence: and rely on yourself and know and learn by trail and error how to trust yourself 100%, which in my opinion is very important not only for wellbeing but self confidence.
- Savings goals: since I deem traveling to be extremely eye-opening and helpful to my personal development. I stopped frivolous spendings so I could travel more often and for longer. This gives me things to look forward to, and I deem it healthier than the accumulation of consumer goods that’ll just end up in the back of my closet.
What are some of your reasons for solo travel? Feel free to let me know! 🙂